Saturday 18 October 2008

Shit was so cash

So my wikihopping today ended up with a blind download of something that turned out to be a spin-off/mini-series/whatever of 30 Days of Night. It's a story about a space shuttle, and what happens when one of the crew is a vampire (spoilers: everyone gets eaten). I only really skimmed through it, I did not read through in detail, so perhaps I missed some subtle nuances along the way. Like why a vampire would want to go into space. I guess one of the astronauts was bitten the night before the mission or something (rather than a vampire making his way into the space program...wait up, that idea has some merit), but still. You'd think a creature that didn't much like the sun would want to avoid an environment that lacked useful things such as shade and roofs and cellars to hide in. You also may suspect that a creature who requires the blood of humans to survive would have thought through his plans far enough for the problem of what to do once the crew of the shuttle have been devoured to crop up. Apparently not. I've read worse stories, Hell I like far stupider ones, but the whole set-up struck me as pretty dumb.

No comments: